Friday, September 11, 2009

God Bless America

I realized today on the commute to work that it was September 11th.
As I was listening to the radio tributes to this day, I cried.
I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a loved one.
To lose a mother or father, to lose a husband...
Truly a difficult thing to bear for anyone.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost anyone in their life.
And I pray the Lord may be with
anyone
who was affected in any way by September 11, 2001.

This video was a new insight on this day


We held an assembly in remembrance of this day at school this morning.
It amazed me to think and realize
that the children I work with were no more than
MAYBE
a year old when this happened.
I hope that this day will never be forgotten.

I can still remember exactly what happened on that Tuesday morning.
I hope that they can always remember what this day means.

1 comment:

Inside A Book said...

Me too! I remember so vividly when we all came down stairs together. You cried and were so scared. Drew was silent and Q was amazed. I was so glad that I didn't have to go to work that day, I think I sat glued to the TV, trying all the while to wish the awfulness away!

Thanks for the reminder. When our flag was at half-mast today the kids all wondered why, they were not even born yet!!

I hope that we love our country more, that we are better people, knowing that we need to make people and relationships more important than things. So I'll say it loud - I LOVE YOU! You're awesome and such a great friend to me! Thanks for being the perfect you~!