Monday, February 22, 2010

anmiversary

San Diego was a blast. We spent our anniversary at sea world touching wonderful creatures and learning about them. I loved the Shamu and sea lions shows they put on. We ended our day with a moonlight cruise compliments of our hotel.

Sunday we spent our day at mission bay. Which was quite easy seeing as our hotel was right on the beach! We walked up and down the boardwalk and were going to go to the pier but it was starting to sprinkle so we headed back. We sat and watched the shore for a while and talked about the awesomeness it would be to own ocean front property. We came to terms that one day in the future we will live on the ocean or very close. Even if it is only for a short amount of time.

We went shopping and almost bought a hermit crab and a shark in a bottle. Personally I think the hermit crab would be sweet. But alas husband said wait.

We went and has some awesome froyo and went to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians the lightning thief. It was pretty awesome. Not nearly as amazing as the book but still good for a movie. After the movie we began our Long journey home. And the whole time, since we had just seen the movie and happened to have the book in my purse, I read aloud number 2 in the series. Pierce Jackson and the Olympians the sea of monsters. We read over 150 pages on the trip and husband is really enjoying it:) I am glad because he's not much of a reader. I think reading just isn't exciting for him. But he's good at listening to me read. I will make him a book lover one day. Even if it means that I will always have to read to him for him to love it:)


All in all our anniversary adventure was a blast. It really was quite the success. We saved a ton of money which was shocking because we didn't even reserve our hotel until the night before! Thank goodness for getting married in February when tourism spots are slow!


Next year maybe a trip to DC? We will see!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Did you take any pictures?

beckaboots said...

I'm glad you had a good trip! Reading in the car doesn't make you sick? It makes me soooo sick. haha.