It was said that when a black man were to become president, pigs would fly && now 100 days into Obama's presidency: SWINE FLU
hahaha I thought that text was HILARIOUS. raise your hand if you DIDN'T receive that from sis. Larson? haha
So i have noticed that.... well. lemme put it to ya straight.. EVERYONE ELSE'S BLOGS ARE SO MUCH COOLER THAN MINE! So I went a googling for "fun blog ideas" && came up with......
[drum roll please..]
&& so I am sitting here trying to think of something good to write && hoping that i can figure something out...
I think I've got something!
I guess this could just be an update on my life.... oh I've got it where I'm at on this map of life! [hahaha like those little red dots that say you are here]
1. I've realized one of my biggest pet peeves. SPELLING. Now don't get me wrong I make spelling errors from time to time as well, but it's the ones that are SO not even simple typing mistakes that drive me crazy!! Haha sometimes I want to go all English teacher on blogs! I love it though && it keeps me on track with my own spelling:] but try to remember at least this. There are 3 forms of "there." : There [as in, "there it is!"] Their [as in, "it's in their suitcase!"] && they're [as in, "they're flying in this weekend!"] please use the correct form of there;]
2. I have this snowglobe I bought at the Wal-Mart by my house when I lived in Orem. It's beautiful, with a mini Salt Lake Temple inside && a Christus [sp??** I know terrible after just ranting about that!] on the side. BUT, when I flew home for a weekend Cameron had to come get it from the airport because they wouldn't let me take it with me on the plane because it had a music box in it [I know RE TARD ED.] but anyways, so Cammy Cakes had to go pick it up && so it rolled around in my backseat from probably 5 months or so after that [until I finally pulled it out && put it on display in the house!]... && well... you know the Christus on the side?? well.... uhm... his hands broke off from all the rolling around... && I just noticed this like LAST week. is that bad??
3. I hate folding laundry. Or putting clothes on hangers. In fact, I have gone on strike. instead, my clean laundry is in piles around my bedroom... [Kyle hasn't complained so far:) but this is probably because he is the one who started the piles. && he did this looong before I was ever even in the picture!]
4. I'm beginning to realize.. I'm not a very good cook... or at least not a very aware cook. example 1: My first "meal" for kyle && I was simple. MAC N' CHEESE && I being the genius that I am forgot that I put SOAP in the colander to wash it && definitely dumped all that freshly cooked pasta into the soapy dish. We went out to eat that night.... example 2: I decided to make HAMBURGER HELPER for dinner one night. It seemed easy enough. [yeah right.] All I had to do was add meat && liquid. stupid me only read HALF of the instructions && only put in 2 tablespoons of water. Later, after Kyle && I suffered through a burnt && TERRIBLE dinner.. Kyle looked back at the box && noticed that I forgot to add in 2 cups of milk! ridiculous.
4. It's amazing the artsy things you do in a second grade classroom. I should go to art school && get paid more for my amazing accomplishments! so far I have made:
a giant easter egg
a jungle scene
an America art scene
mini george washingtons out of my students && cotton balls.
my latest pieces:Patrick the Giraffe && his best friendGeoffrey the Elephant.
I'm pretty proud of them if I do say so myself. [&& i do]
5. My toenails are still painted from my wedding... I think it's about time I get a new pedicure....
6. I have an argumentative essay due on Tuesday for my English 101 class... I attempted to use an old one from high school && I suddenly realized why we take more writing classes. [talk about the most embarrassing essay ever]
7. I went to the temple yesterday to see 3 of my friends take out their endowments. THAT was a majorly awesome experience. Once I get around to going I always say I need to go more often... I hope I hope I actually do that this time..
8. I got my ring soldered [wow I had to call my mom for spelling that that does NOT fit the phonics rules] && re-dipped it's beautiful && sparkly again!!
9. I start training for my summer job next saturday. 9am to 5pm UGH. But, it's better than no job at all!
10. I am not good for this whole AIDE job... I totally encourage the kids to run in the hallways, jump off the swings, chase birds into the 6th grade playground, && walk on the curb backwards.... I act more like one of the 5th graders than one of the aides... but apparently the teachers all love me! [thank goodness I can relate to the youngsters i guess...]
2 more wedding pix:
Grandma Ann && Icoming out of the HOLIEST place on Earth. :]