Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I've Been Told I Am Not Posting Enough....

And this post will not make up for all the time I've lost, but let me tell you, have I been BUSY.

But for today, we are keeping it simple. Short and sweet.
Remember how my living room/ family room is going to be Red and Aqua?
Well, I found a radical frame at goodwill out in Scottsdale for a mere $2 and had my mother dearest spray paint it aqua for me.
[No i did not take before pictures. I am not that good.][I didn't even take in between pictures-- so bear with me here fora moment while I ramble.]

It's just like all those other awesome frames you are seeing right now. With the awesome frilly floralia kind of style.
BUT, I had NO idea what to put in it and it wasnt a fram you could just leave empty, not to me anyways...
So it has been traced onto brown packing paper and the paper has been placed on my wall to remind me of where to put it when something is placed inside.

I was thinking maybe filling it with just red scrapbook paper and maybe putting a K in the middle or a picture.. I just couldn't decide.

That is....

Until I fell across this little bit of inspiration. Hello gorgeous!
Did you know I love you?
With this piece of happiness, I knew how to complete my artwork. Striped paper with a punchout heart. possibly glittery?

But wait, I didnt have and candystriper paper. and i didn't want to buy anything....
So I pulled out my handy dandy RULER and drew on Red stripes with a colored pencil!
[This is where you clap your hands and shout for joy saying, "oh Jennie you are SO smart!"]

After drawing intensly, I began the hunt for the perfect heart.
I had a heart punchout.
I had red paper.

BUT.. My heart punch was a little too small for what I was looking for...
And my red paper was NOT glittery.

Enter THESE bad boys.[The Heart Picks]Source

I had originally bought them to make THIS
From Because I Can



BUT... I never got around to it....

Enter, NEW AWESOME BIG GLITTERY HEART.


Are you ready to see the final results?? I know I am!




7 comments:

Inside A Book said...

Oh, Jennie, you are SO smart!! I had no idea it wasn't scrap book paper. Good - no, great, idea!!

You are a creative genius!

Chaz said...

So CUTE! I can't get over how creative you are.

Marissa said...

what a cute, fun idea :)

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. I hope you will come by again next week :)

Bernadette Merikle said...

I love your simple but awesome artwork. This is too cute!

Bernadette
www.b3homedesigns.blogspot.com

Robyn@Something Pretty said...

That turned out great, and I absolutely love that frame! Thanks for sharing.

Christy said...

I love those colors together! Great job. :O)